Amsorb Plus is a new generation carbon dioxide absorbent, free from strong alkali metal hydroxides. This CO2 Absorbent Anesthesia utilizes calcium hydroxide (Ca(OH) 2 ) as the active base with minor constituents that promote speed and capacity of absorption.
Amsorb Plus carbon dioxide absorber is specifically designed for low and minimal flow anesthesia. Its absorption capacity, intensity and uniformity of color change have been improved from the original Amsorb.
The chemical composition of this CO2 Absorbent Anesthesia remains unaltered but the manufacturing process has been carefully developed to deliver enhanced absorption capacity. Amsorb Plus remains the world's only carbon dioxide absorbent capable of complete prevention of anesthetic degradation. Amsorb Plus is the safest absorbent available.
Many conventional soda limes, and even some new generation absorbents, claim suitability for safe low flow anesthesia. However, many of these still contain sodium hydroxide (NaOH) and some potassium hydroxide (KOH).
Research has shown that the presence of sodium hydroxide, at any level, provides the basis for anesthetic agent dehalogenation.
Amsorb Plus carbon dioxide absorber does not contain strong alkali and, therefore, preserves it color change once exhausted; unlike conventional carbon dioxide absorbents which, once exhausted, revert to their original color.
- No heat or fire hazard
- No Compound A under any conditions
- No Carbon Monoxide under any conditions
- No Formaldehyde under any conditions
- No degradation of anesthetic agents
- Eliminates patient nausea due to toxic by-products in other absorbents
- PERMANENT COLOR CHANGE when exhausted by CO2 and/or desiccated. Eliminates weekly need to change CO2 absorbent resulting in less waste economically and environmentally.
- SUPERIOR PATIENT CARE & SAFETY ONLY WITH AMSORB®
Amsorb Plus CO2 absorber for anesthesia from Armstrong Medical is not a soda lime. These competitors are considered soda limes because they contain sodium hydroxide:
- GE Carefusion: Medisorb and Medisorb
- EF W.R. Grace and Smiths Medical: Sodasorb and Sodasorb LF
- Drager: Dragersorb 800+ and Dragersorb Free
- Allied Medical: Litholyme, Carbolime
- Molecular Products: Sofnolime
- Intersurgical: Spherasorb, LoFloSorb and Intersorb
Amsorb Plus is a new generation CO2 absorbent that is based on a patented chemical formulation of calcium hydroxide rather than the toxin producing sodium hydroxide found in soda limes. Try this carbon dioxide absorber from Bell Medical today.