“The Procedural Oxygen Mask achieves the triple goal of the following: 1) providing reliable FiO2 delivery of 0.90 to 0.95 at O2 flow rates of 10 to 15 L/min, 2) allowing easy access to the nose and mouth via the self-sealing endoscopy ports, and 3) providing a continuous capnography sampling port.”
René Miguel Gonzalez, MD, Department of Anesthesiology, Hackensack Meridian Health Southern Ocean Medical Center, Stafford Township, N.J.
Full Article Link Here
Benefits of The POM Procedural Sedation Mask:
• Dual oral and nasal entry ports for endoscopes
• Improves O2 concentration during conscious sedation up to 92%FiO2
• Measures capnography reliably even at high oxygen flows
• Allows easy unobstructed access to the patient
• Ideal for Oral or Nasal fiber optic intubations
Enhanced Patient Safety: The POM provides accurate capnography readings allowing clinicians to intervene proactively, while providing over twice the FiO2 of standard O2/CO2 nasal cannulas. POM reduces the risk of hypoxia during gastrointestinal endoscopy procedures. Now available with Oridion MicroStream capnography sample lines.