The major benefits for this machine are to predict postoperative pain, predict haemodynamic reactivity, to help diagnose the ethology of the haemodynamic event, and to titrate opioids avoiding overdosing.
The optimal range for the 4 minute median orange waveform is between 50 and 70. If it is greater than 70 the dose of pain medicine can be reduced but if it drops below 50 the patient can have hemodynamic reactivity a few minutes later. The yellow number is the current instantaneous reading.
The patients who will benefit most from this monitor:
- The Elderly
- Patients who cannot communicate well
- Obese Patients
- Frequent Drug Users
- Patients in long surgery
Mdoloris Analgesia Titration Monitor Justification
Using Mdoloris HFVi Analgesia Titration monitor Journal of Anesthesia 2013 study results:
- Reduced PACU patient pain scores on average 1.3 out of 10
- Reduced PACU fentanyl administration by 64%!
- Reduced PONV by 82%!
The Mdoloris monitor has proven that it can reduce Opioid Related Adverse Drug Events or ORADE. Reducing ORADE results in:
- Reduce average (LOS) Length of Stay by 1.1 days saving cost of $1,028 to $1,640, Tong J. Gan, Department of Anesthesia, Duke University
Reducing ORADE increases patient safety and saves hospitals average costs per patient event per Premier Analysis:
- Patient Nausea: $638.00
- Patient Vomiting: $599.00
- Apnea event: $3,784.00
- Constipation: $4,702.00
- Hypoxia: $2,827.00
- Other events with significant costs saved by reducing ORADE: Urinary retention, respiratory depression, prolonged hospital stays.
Mdoloris sensor cost consignment program: $28.00
Contact Bell Medical for a free trial.
|Manufacturer||Mdoloris Medical Systems|