* ABC Atlanta Biomedical start up page is simpler than other pumps. Start Up page can display all of the drugs your providers use on a frequent basis (up to 7 drugs or modes) - Easy to access; 90 drugs in total can be stored.
* Most pumps have a maximum Bolus rate with a 50/60 ml syringe of 600 mL/hr. With ABC pump, the max rate is 1,500 mL/hr with the same size syringe.
* If Bolusing by hand, there is no need to reenter all of the patient information that is entered at the start of the case. Just return the syringe to the pump and press "Deliver" to continue.
* The user can change syringe size with the ABC pump during the case. If they mount a different size syringe, all they need to do is confirm or change the Rate and press "Deliver." This feature can be useful at the end of a case, if just a little more drug is required and the syringe in use is empty.
* ABC pumps have an all metal housing. Other pumps have plastic cases. Over time cleaning agents will damage plastic.
* Front status LED light - Green (Delivering), Red (Not Delivering), Easy to see from a distance
* Syringe loading is easier
* ABC battery operation is longer - We conservatively last 12 hours usage at 5 mL/hr with 60 mL syringe
* No Software Contract required - Upgrades are free of charge and are included in the ABC purchase price. Other pump companies charge up to $800/year for a Software Upgrade Contract
* ABC offers Repair Service School free of charge
* Cord lengths up to 25 feet
* Superior repair service
* Fast response time
* ABC Pump purchase price from Bell Medical is generally less than competitive pumps.